Moving to a new country can be scary at first, but it can be the most rewarding experience of your life. It's important to be well prepared to have a smooth transition.
We have prepared a step by step guide to assist you in planning your trip to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and Labrador. Throughout the process, don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Step by Step Guide:
- How to get introduced to a current international student to answer your questions (Peer Correspondent Program)
- How to connect with past and current international students (International Students at Grenfell Campus Facebook Group)
- How to know what activities and services are available for newcomers to Corner Brook (WelcomeNL Facebook Page)
- How to connect with other new domestic and international students (Grenfell Campus Incoming Class of 2019 - Official Facebook Group)
- What to pack (and how to reserve a care-kit)
- How to get to Grenfell Campus (Airport Greeting Program)
- How to register for courses
- How to secure accommodations
- How to prepare for orientation
- How to plan your finances
- How to pay for your tuition
- Where to look for additional information about campus (International Student Handbook)
- Where to look for additional information about resources available to newcomers to Newfoundland and Labrador
On a weekly basis, we will share information via Facebook Live to help you plan your trip. These videos will continue to be available on the Facebook Group in case you missed them. To watch the videos, join our Facebook group and login at 11 a.m. (Newfoundland time) every Tuesday until mid-August.
On August 20th at 11 a.m. (Newfoundland time), a group of key staff members and international students at Grenfell Campus will come together to host a 45-minute webinar. In this interactive session, you will have the opportunity to meet other incoming international students, to get to know Grenfell Campus employees that will be there to support you when you arrive, and ask any last minute questions. In the past, students have found this opportunity valuable and we are happy to be able to offer it once again. Some of the things we will cover are:
- General introductions of presenters
- Summary of Facebook lives
- Travel opportunities
- International student experience
- Campus services
- Online resources
- Advice from current students and recent graduates
- Important reminders and key dates
How to Connect to the Webinar
108 013 742
Want to dial in from a phone?
Dial one of the following numbers:
+1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose))
+1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose))
Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
Connecting from a room system?
Dial: bjn.vc or 220.127.116.11 and enter your meeting ID & passcode