The International Student Barometer (ISB) tracks and compares the decision-making, expectations, perceptions, and intentions of our international students from application to graduation.
The ISB enables us to make informed decisions to enhance the international student experience and drive successful recruitment and marketing strategies.
With feedback from over 3 million students worldwide across all student types, levels and years of study, the ISB is the leading benchmarking tool used to track the international student experience.
Over 26% of international students at Grenfell Campus participated in the survey in November 2017. Results were released in winter 2018 and a plan was developed in collaboration with the Internationalization Working Group, senior administrators, and other stakeholders to maintain high standards and continue to improve the experience of our international students. Following a public forum o the experience of international students where we presented insights, we launched a concrete one-year action plan in September 2018. Results will be assessed in fall 2019 and work will begin on identifying new priorities.
We take the experience of our international students very seriously as we feel fortunate they have chosen to study with us. We know we can't be perfect, but we always try to improve and adapt to new realities. We always welcome continuous feedback from international students at other times. Grenfell Campus participates in the ISB every two years. As such
the next action plan will be released in September 2020.
Top 5 Points of Pride
100% satisfaction when dealing with the Bursar's Office during arrivals (finances)
100% satisfaction when dealing with the Office of graduate studies
100% satisfaction for Residence Assistants
100% satisfaction when dealing with International Student Services
Satisfaction went up from 60% to 92% in just two years when discussing arrival in on-campus housing.
Top 5 New Challenges
- Providing better transportation solutions for our students to be able to access key locations in town and get to explore our beautiful province.
- Improve the reliability of the wireless internet on campus (particularly in student housing) so our students can seamlessly connect with the world and focus on what ignites them (without buffering too much.
- Better support clubs and societies on campus to enhance student life.
- Provide additional support and services to foster greater career readiness and better connect our students with employers, mentors, and organizations that can help get jobs.
- Do more to minimize our ecological footprint and foster eco-friendly attitude on campus.
Public Forum: Experience of International Students
Below, you can go through the presentation that was used at the 2018 Public Forum on the experience of international students at Grenfell Campus.
International Student Barometer