Information Technology Service (ITS) offers comprehensive information technology and multimedia services on campus.
ITS provides broad services, and is responsible for such areas as computer/technology support, print/copy services, emergency notification, network/internet access, equipment sign-out, email and communication platforms, classroom audio visual technologies, and data access and security.
ITS Service Helpdesk
The ITS Service Desk is the first point of contact for any service configurations or assistance relating to Grenfell computers, user accounts, printers, multimedia, and telecommunications. The Service Desk uses a ticketing system that is used for all help requests. Tickets may be submitted using the "Enter a Service Desk Ticket" link under IT Help in the menu.
For a detailed listing of ITS offerings and services please visit the ITS website on My Grenfell.
Grenfell users are issued a Grenfell computing account upon confirmation of employment/enrolment. This single sign-on account gives access to the following resources:
- Student access to all lab and dedicated computers and the internet; Faculty and Staff access to their office/multimedia computers and the internet
- E-mail: Microsoft Exchange using local MS Outlook and Web-based client for remote access; and Calendar option for conference hosting using Skype for Business
- Printing: Print accounting for service management; access to Xerox Document-Centre printers from campus computers using local printer drivers, and remotely from laptops, notebooks, tablets, and smart-phones using PrinterOn
- Wi-fi: Full on-campus availability, and access to wireless on affiliated partners' network using Eduroam
- Remote Access to applications and computer systems: MS Office, some lab specific software, secure personal data storage; and Staff and Faculty access to their office computers
- Enhanced VPN (Direct Access) for employees to remotely connect to all campus resources
- Equipment Loans: Professor/staff sponsored AV Equipment and computer loans
- Secure Data storage: Local access using campus computers; and remote access using laptops, notebooks, tablets, and smart-phones using Remote Desktop Client.
- Software access through Office365: Download and run Microsoft Office applications
Fall & winter: Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Spring & summer: Monday-Friday: 8:30am - 4:00pm