Unlocking your leadership potential: Effective and practical leadership essentials for new and emerging leaders
This two day workshop provides an opportunity for individuals new to leadership roles, or those wishing to obtain a leadership position to gain a foundational understanding of leadership by enhancing your leadership knowledge and skills. Topics include: Leadership styles, Management vs. Leadership, Leadership Communications, Change Management, Decision Making, Setting SMART goals, Conflict Resolution and Building an Effective Team. Each participant will also develop their own personal leadership statement to guide them as emerging leaders within their organization.
- Gain an understanding of what leadership is and is not
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Evaluate your personal motivations for leadership
- Understand a variety of leadership styles
- Discuss the basic tenets of key leadership including change management, team building, decision making, communications, goal setting and conflict resolution
- Develop a personal leadership philosophy
Facilitator: Dr. Shawna Matthews
February 22-23, 2022, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
In-person delivery, Grenfell Campus, Memorial University
Register online (credit card only) or email email@example.com to request an invoice or to pay by cash or debit.