Pam Moores, BN (Memorial University), MA (Athabasca University), RN, CCHN(C)
Nurse Educator - School of Nursing (WRSON)
Phone: (709) 784-5586
Primary health care (notably access to health care and healthy equity), health promotion, public health and community engagement.
Teach theory and clinical courses in Community Health Nursing. Other courses include Health Promotion, Issues in Nursing and Health Care.
Representative scholarly contributions
- LeDrew, H.,
Moores, P., Read, T, & O/Reagan-Hogan, M. (2018). He’s here and he’s gone; he’s here and he’s gone…The experiences of new mothers in rural Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, whose partners work away from home.
Rural and Remote Health, 18(3), 4542.
Moores, P., Newton, R. & Read, T. (October, 2018). Learning, doing and being in the community: Relational practice in Indigenous and culturally diverse clinical placements. Presentation at ARCASN Conference, Cape Breton University, Sydney, NS.
- Newton, R., Read, T. &
Moores, P. (October, 2018). Experiential learning and connecting to the community: A collage of culturally diverse clinical placements in rural Newfoundland and Labrador. Poster Presentation ARCASN Conference, Cape Breton University, Sydney, NS.
Moores, P. & LeDrew, H. (May, 2018). He’s here and he’s gone; he’s here and he’s gone…The experiences of new mothers in rural NL whose partners work away. Presentation at Families, Work and Mobility Atlantic Canada Symposium, University of PEI.
- Moores, P. (September, 2017). He’s here and he’s gone; he’s here and he’s gone…The lived experiences of new mothers in rural Newfoundland and Labrador whose partners work away. Presentation at On the Move Partnership Virtual Conference.
- LeDrew, H.,
Moores, P. & O/Reagan-Hogan, M. (May, 2016). The Impact of Employment-Related Mobility on New Mothers in Newfoundland and Labrador. Presentation at Community Health Nurses of Canada National Conference in St. John’s, NL.
- Moores, P. & Allan, P. (2012). Affecting change through continuing education: Improving vaccine administration technique. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 43 (9), 395-402.
- Moores, P. (2010). Engaging community partners to promote healthy behaviours in young children.
Canadian Journal of Public Health 101(5), 369-373.
Current research projects and grants
Currently working on research associated with the impact of paid employment on nursing students’ personal lives and professional development -data analysis stage. (with J. Lamswood, G. Billard, P. Moores, and D. Kennedy. Funding from Associate Vice President (Grenfell) Research Fund Award and WRSON research grant.
Awards and recognitions
- Community Health Nurses of Canada: Barb Mildon Bursary- 2014
- Grenfell Campus Student Union: Women of Achievement Award – 2014
- Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland & Labrador: Education & Research Trust – 2010
Memberships and affiliations
Newfoundland and Labrador Public Health Association – executive member
Community Health Nurses of Canada Association