Dr. Shegufta Shetranjiwalla
Integrated MSc-PhD, Environmental and Life Sciences (Biomaterials)
Assistant Professor - School of Science and the Environment
Phone: (709) 639-2502
- Multi-disciplinary research in innovative green methods and materials from renewable resources
- Upcycling of marine and commodity polymer waste.
- Circular design, synthesis, characterization and structure-property relationships of synthetic and biopolymers
- Synthesis, characterization and performance evaluation of organosilicon organic-inorganic hybrid materials and nanocomposites.
- Green chemistry and Life Cycle Analysis metrics of products and processes for improved synthesis protocols, sustainable environmental impacts and enhanced materials performance.
- Organic Chemistry
- Green Chemistry
- Green Chemistry Metrics and Life Cycle Analyses
- Introductory Chemistry
- Polymeric Materials
- Principles of Environmental Toxicology
Representative scholarly contributions
Current research projects and grants
- Imagining Canada’s Future IDEAS Lab.
- American Chemical Society Green Chemistry Initiative -Development of Green Chemistry modules with systems thinking.
Memberships and affiliations
- Canadian Society of Chemistry (CSC)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Center for Life Cycle Assessment (ACLCA)
- Working Group member SETAC/ACLCA for Circularity and LCA
Honours, graduate and post-graduate supervision
- 5 Undergraduate Honours Theses,
- 3 Graduate Masters Theses
- 3 PhD theses