Andreas Klinke, MA (University of Stuttgart), PhD (Darmstadt University of Technology)
Professor & Director of EPI, Environmental Policy Institute (EPI) - Master of Arts in Environmental Policy
Social science risk research; Risk governance; Global environmental governance; Methodological cosmopolitanism; Philosophy and sociology of uncertainty.
Environmental policy; Risk assessment and analysis; Global governance.
Representative scholarly contributions
Klinke, A. 2021. Public Understanding of Risk and Risk Governance.
Journal of Risk Research 24 (1), 2–13.
Klinke, A., ed. 2021. Special Issue of
Risk Analysis “40 Years of Social Sciences in Risk Research Considered”. Vol. 41, No. 3.
Klinke, A. and O. Renn. 2021. The Coming of Age of Risk Governance.
Risk Analysis 41 (3), 544–557.
Klinke, A., O. Renn and R. Goble. 2021. Prologue: The “Brave New World” of Social Sciences in Interdisciplinary Risk Research.
Risk Analysis 41 (3), 407–413.
- Li, Y., A. Taeihagh, M. de Jong, and
A. Klinke. 2021. Towards a Commonly Shared Public Policy Perspective for Analysing Risk Coping Strategies.
Risk Analysis 41 (3), 519–532.
Klinke, A. 2020. Cosmopolitan Governance for Sustainable Global Energy Transformation: Democratic, Participatory-Deliberative, Multilayered. In O. Renn, F. Ulmer and A. Deckert, eds.
The Role of Public Participation in Energy Transitions. London: Elsevier, 105-119.
Current research projects and grants
- SSHRC Insight Grant: methodological Cosmopolitanism.
Awards and recognitions
- Member of the Center for International Development and Environmental Research, University of Giessen, Germany (since 2020)
- Senior Research Fellowship at the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS), Potsdam, Germany (2017-2018)
Honours, graduate and post-graduate supervision
- Several master and PhD supevisions