- Psychology 2925 (Research Methods and Data Analysis in Psychology I)
- Psychology 2925 Lab (Research Methods and Data Analysis in Psychology I)
- Psychology 2950 Lab (Research Methods and Data Analysis in Psychology II)
- Psychology 3950 Lab (Research Methods and Data Analysis in Psychology III)
- Psychology 3533 (Sexual Behaviour)
I have varied research interests but the majority are in the area of sexuality such as sexual assault, sexual harassment, “hooking-up,” sexting, and normality of sexual behaviour. I have also been involved in research about academic entitlement, gambling, Facebook, cell phone use, HIV contraction, and the HPV vaccination. I regularly serve as second reader on honours theses and topics have included sex work, video games and aggression, aviation, female sexual offenders, Facebook, cell phone use, cyber harassment and cyber solicitation, mental illness, acquaintance rape, and eating disorders.
Representative scholarly contributions
- Buckle, J. L., Corbin Dwyer, S., Duffy, J., Brown, K. L., & Pickett, N. (2013). Personality factors associated with gambling behavior in university students. Journal of Gambling Studies, 28, 1-17. doi:10.4309/jgi.2013.28.19
My committee work is strongly tied to my research interests. I served on the Sexual Harassment Board , I served on the steering committee of the CAMPUS project (Community & Campus Alliance For Maintaining & Promoting University Safety), and I was the Grenfell Campus Laboratory Instructor representative on Memorial’s Teaching & Learning Framework Initiative: Committee on Laboratory Instruction. I also served on the President’s Award for Exemplary Service Committee for Memorial.