Bachelor of Business Administration
The bachelor of business administration degree at Grenfell Campus is designed to deliver a comprehensive foundation in the fundamental areas of business and decision making. The business degree requires the completion of 120 credit hours. Candidates for graduation must achieve a grade point average of at least 2.5 and an average of at least 60% on those 120 credit hours, as listed below:
- ECON 1010 and 1020
- 6 credit hours in first-year English (ENGL 1110 recommended)
- MATH 1052 (or 1000), and STAT 2500
- BUSN 1010, 1020, 2020, 2100, 2110, 2200, 2250, 2300, 2310, 3010, 3030, 3300, 3410, 3500, 3600, 4010, 4040, and 4070
- At least 15 credit hours but not more than 24 credit hours chosen from business electives
- At least 24 credit hours but not more than 33 credit hours, chosen from electives other than those listed in business electives to make up the total 120 credit hours required for the degree.
Students enrolled in the bachelor of business administration program are not required to complete a minor program; however, students may choose to pursue a minor in other academic units (where minor programs exist) with the permission of that academic unit. Students are advised to refer to the requirements for the chosen minor program as set forth in the university calendar, and it is recommended that students seek academic advice when planning their programs.
Wondering what courses to register for in your first year?
We're happy to welcome you to our program! First-year Grenfell Business students should register for these five recommended courses in the first term: BUSN 1010, ECON 1010, ENGL 1000 (or equivalent), MATH 1052, and any one non-Business elective (this is your choice so look for courses you are interested in outside of Business).
|||Keep track of your courses as you
progress through the degree using this downloadable Grenfell BBA Program Guide. Make sure to consult the program
requirements each semester to ensure you enroll in appropriate courses.
Note that many BUSN courses have pre-requisites and must be completed in
a specific order; consult the University Calendar for more information about pre-requisites.|
Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours)
The bachelor of business administration (honours) signifies superior academic achievement.
be considered for an honours degree, a candidate must so indicate on
the University's official application for graduation. Additional
information is available from the Office of the Registrar.
- A candidate for the bachelor of business administration (honours) shall:
- comply with all regulations governing the general degree of bachelor of business administration
- obtain a minimum overall average of 75% in the courses prescribed in #4 and #5 above (BUSN core courses and business electives chosen from the approved table), and
- obtain a minimum overall grade point average of 3.25 in the 120 credit hours required for the degree.
- Candidates are not permitted to repeat or substitute courses for the purpose of meeting these criteria.
declared candidate for an honours degree who fails to fulfill the
conditions of clause 2 but fulfills the requirements for a general
degree shall be awarded the general degree of business administration.
Note: In the case of transfer students from other insitutions, only those courses completed at Memorial University will be used in the calculation of the average and GPA.
The minor in business at Grenfell Campus requires the completion of 24 credit hours as follows. Note: course prerequisites to all business courses will apply to the business minor.
- BUSN 1010 and 1020
- 9 credit hours in BUSN courses at the 2000 level
- 9 credit hours in BUSN courses at the 3000 level or above