Applicants for intensive English programs at Grenfell Campus must:
- be 18 years of age or older by the program starting date
have an English proficiency level of intermediate or better (equivalent to IELTS 4.5 or higher)
*Please note: Proficiency test sub-scores must also be met. Contact email@example.com for more details.
Separate admission requirements exist for each level of the Intensive English Bridge Program, as shown in the chart below:
Language Proficiency Requirement
IELTS 4.5 or better
TOEFL 40 or better
CAEL 30 or better
- Students wishing to complete the IEP-G in preparation for admission to Memorial University of Newfoundland as undergraduate degree students may apply for this program at the same time as they apply for admission to undergraduate studies, but this is not required.
- Students wishing to apply to the IEBP-G Level 1 or Level 2 must do so when they apply for undergraduate studies. This program is only open to students who have been provisionally accepted to undergraduate studies at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- For a full description of admissions regulations for Grenfell's intensive English programs, please visit
Please also note:
- In addition to English proficiency documents, applicants to the IEP-G who are not also applying for undergraduate studies must submit an official high-school transcript and, if necessary, an official translation.
- Admission cannot be guaranteed. Please apply early (3-6 months before your desired start date).
- Students are responsible for arranging visas to study in Canada. Allow 1-4 months to obtain any required visas.
- A deposit of $400.00 must be received four weeks prior to the start date of the program.
How to Apply
If you are also applying for provisional admission to Memorial University, apply for admission to your program of choice.
http://www.mun.ca/become/undergrad/admissions/apply/ for instructions. For programs at Grenfell Campus, be sure to specify Grenfell Campus as your campus of choice.
Important: In the English Proficiency section of the undergraduate application, be sure to check "Yes" in response to the question "Do you plan to enroll in Memorial University's Intensive English Program?"
Don't forget to submit all documentation required for your specific application (e.g. official transcripts) as well as the undergraduate application fee.
Apply to the Intensive English Bridge Program at Grenfell. You can apply at the same time as applying for Memorial University (Step 1).
Submitting the intensive English programs application
Print out the "Application for Intensive English Programs at Grenfell", complete it and send it:
- by email (scanned) to:
- by regular mail to:
English as a Second Language Programs
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Grenfell Campus, Corner Brook, NL
Canada, A2H 5G4
With your application, include:
- an official copy of your English proficiency score report (e.g. IELTS, CAEL, TOEFL)
- payment information for the application fee of $100 (acceptable methods of payment are international money order, certified cheque, wire transfer or credit card)
The application fee will be refunded only if it is not possible to accept a student into the program.
Arrange for Accommodations.
If you wish to live on-campus, you can apply here. You must pay the $20 housing application fee to be considered. The earlier you apply for on-campus housing, the more likely it is that you will be offered a room.
For information about other housing options, contact firstname.lastname@example.org