2020 ARC-NL Graduate Fellowships Competition
In 2020, the Aging Research Centre-Newfoundland and Labrador (ARC-NL) of Memorial University will provide up to three master's and/or doctoral fellowships. Master's students will be eligible to receive up to $18,000 and doctoral students will be eligible to receive up to $24,000 per year. Students holding external funding will be eligible to receive top-up funding.
ARC-NL Graduate Fellowships may be held for a maximum of 24 months or as long as the student remains eligible for baseline funding from SGS, whichever is shorter.
To be eligible for a fellowship you must:
- be currently registered as a full-time student at Memorial University as of September, 2020 or be applying to a graduate program at Memorial with a start date of September 2020
- be pursuing a research-based master's or doctoral degree at Memorial University
- be a Student Member of ARC-NL (or apply to become a member by the application deadline)
- have an academic supervisor who is a Research Member of ARC-NL (or have them apply to become a member by the application deadline)
- have selected or been assigned a research topic that is relevant to aging, broadly defined to include a wide range of disciplines, approaches and topics
Application Deadline: February 21, 2020
Announcement of awards: mid-June, 2020
Beginning of funding: September, 2020
- Complete and submit this 2020ARC-NL_Fellowship_application.pdf (Important! In order to ensure your information is saved properly, please download the form first and save it to your desktop; make sure you open the file using Adobe Reader or Acrobat, then fill in the form and save)
- Attach or include electronic (PDF) versions of:
- your CV
- your current or intended supervisor's CV
- your complete undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- two letters of reference (one of which must be from your current thesis supervisor, if applicable)
- application to become an ARC-NL Student Member (if not already a member, apply to become a member by the application deadline)
- application form for your supervisor to become an ARC-NL Research Member (if not already a member, have them apply to become a member by the application deadline)
*Guidelines for formatting attachments are listed on the application form.
- Relevance of the proposed research topic to aging with priority given to research relevant to aging in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Quality of the project description in the completed application form
- Academic achievements of the applicant
- Expertise and research experience of the supervisor
End of Award Reports
Upon completion of the award, recipients must submit an End of Award Report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on ARC-NL Fellowships, please contact the ARC-NL Coordinator at (709) 639-4872 or email@example.com.