2021 ARC-NL Graduate Fellowships Competition
In 2021, the Aging Research Centre-Newfoundland and Labrador (ARC-NL) of Memorial University will provide one year master's and/or doctoral fellowships. Master's students will be eligible to receive up to $18,000 and doctoral students will be eligible to receive up to $24,000. Students holding funding in addition to baseline will be eligible to receive top-up funding.
ARC-NL Graduate Fellowships may be held for a maximum of 12 months or as long as the student remains eligible for baseline funding from SGS, whichever is shorter.
To be eligible for a fellowship you must:
- be currently registered as a full-time student at Memorial University as of September 2021 or be applying to a graduate program at Memorial with a start date of September 2021
- be pursuing a research-based master's or doctoral degree at Memorial University
- be a Student Member of ARC-NL (or have applied to become a member)
- have an academic supervisor who is a Research Member of ARC-NL (or who has applied to become a member)
- have selected or been assigned a research topic that is relevant to aging, broadly defined to include a wide range of disciplines, approaches and topics
Application Deadline EXTENDED: March 8, 2021 4 p.m.
Announcement of awards: mid-June, 2021
Beginning of funding: September, 2021
Important! Please download the form first and save it to your desktop; make sure you open the file using Adobe Reader, then fill in the form and save.
- Attach or include electronic (PDF) versions of:
- your CV
- your current or intended supervisor's CV
- your complete undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- two letters of reference (one of which must be from your current thesis supervisor, if applicable)
- application to become an ARC-NL Student Member (if not already a member; apply to become a member now)
- application form for your supervisor to become an ARC-NL Research Member (if not already a member; apply to become a member now)
*Formatting guidelines for attachments are listed on the application form.
- Relevance of the proposed research topic to aging with priority given to research relevant to aging in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Quality of the project description in the completed application form
- Academic achievements of the applicant
- Expertise and research experience of the supervisor
End of Award Reports
Upon completion of the award, recipients must submit an End of Award Report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on ARC-NL Fellowships, please contact the ARC-NL Coordinator at (709) 639-4872 or email@example.com.