▼ eResources

Grenfell Campus
Menu Button
Default Interior

FAQ - Academic Learning

We'll continually update this page as information changes or new information becomes available. Check back often! Still have questions? Email info@grenfell.mun.ca.


  • Remote learning vs. online learning

  • Library services

  • Study space

  • Brightspace

  • Lab delivery

  • Drop/add courses

  • Textbooks/ materials

  • Payments

  • Designated writing courses

  • Student Exchange

  • Official forms

  • January 2021 semester

What is the difference between remote vs online learning?

Remote learning is when a course that was developed for in-person delivery has to be delivered in an alternate way due to a disruption in in-person delivery. Remote learning may or may not have assigned class times, and may be delivered through a variety of methods (pre-recorded lectures, live online lectures, online content delivery). Online learning is when a course has been developed to be delivered online and will primarily use Brightspace (which you access through your My MUN account), with little to no assigned class time.

Library services

For more information about library services, please visit : https://www.library.mun.ca/covid-19/

On-campus study space

A limited number of bookable, individual study spaces will be available Wednesday, Sept. 16 in the Arts & Science Extension, main floor. To book an individual study carrel, you must be a current Memorial University student and book online using your institutional email. Students will be required to complete a Daily Self-Assessment prior to coming to campus, check in with Campus Enforcement and Patrol (CEP), and adhere to all health and safety rules while on campus.


The province has mandated wearing non-medical masks in all public spaces. While you are seated in the study carrel, masks may be removed, as long as physical distancing is maintained. If you require accommodation to visit campus without wearing a mask, please contact: health.safety@mun.ca


3-hour time slots, allowing for sanitizing between bookings, will be available:

Monday to Thursday: 12:00pm-3:00pm and 5:00pm-8:00pm
Friday: 12:00pm-3:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm-4:00pm


Link to online bookings: https://mun.libcal.com/reserve/grenfell-study/

What is Brightspace?

Brightspace is the Learning Management System (LMS) software that Memorial University uses for online learning and teaching.  To get started with Brightspace visit https://citl.mun.ca/learning/s_support/checklist.php for the semester start up guide

How will labs be delivered?

Labs will be offered in a way that does not require you to come on campus.  Course offerings have been adjusted; labs that require you to be on campus have been postponed.

Is the Bookstore open? How will I get the textbooks and materials I need?

Please visit The Bookstore site for information about limited opening and mail out services. Please note that may courses will not require physical books. Check out the booklist here

How do I pay my tuition? 

There are a variety of methods of payment for tuition. Please see this information from the Bursar's Office for information on fees payment. For more information, please email bursar@grenfell.mun.ca

How do I know what courses can be used as Designated Writing Courses (Grenfell Campus) in September?

Typically, to be considered a writing course, courses must be offered on campus at Grenfell (not online) and be listed in the designated writing courses table. For the current semester, remote delivery courses offered by Grenfell Campus, that are listed in the designated writing table, will be accepted. If you have questions about designated writing courses, please contact info@grenfell.mun.ca

I applied for a student exchange. What does this current situation mean for that?

Your home university coordinator should have received an email with information about exchange, please connect with your home coordinator.  If you are unable to reach your home coordinator, would like more information, or would like to speak with the Grenfell Campus exchange coordinator, please email exchangeprograms@grenfell.mun.ca

How do I get official forms such as funding forms signed by the University?

Students can email the forms to rofrontcounter@grenfell.mun.ca

What's happening with the Spring 2021 semester?

Like the fall semester, the winter semester will be primarily remote. A decision has not been made about the spring semester.

Office of the Registrar

Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland
20 University Drive, Corner Brook, NL
A2H 5G4, Canada

Office: AS 277
Phone: (709) 637-6298
Email: info@grenfell.mun.ca

Grenfell Logo

© Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Corner Brook, NL Canada Toll Free 1-888-637-6269

Privacy Policy    Login    Library    Sitemap    Site Feedback    Contact

Grenfell Logo

© Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Corner Brook, NL Canada. Toll Free 1-888-637-6269

Privacy Policy




Site Feedback