All employees should discuss plans for return to campus with their supervisors. The return to campuses supports the province's overall Together Again reopening plan.
Health and safety reminders
As we return to our routines, please follow these health and safety reminders. All employees are expected to review this Return to Campus checklist.
Everyone is also encouraged to voluntarily download the COVID Alert app, which is designed to let Canadians know whether they may have been exposed to COVID-19.
When on campus, employees should follow public health guidelines, review posted signage, ensure physical distancing, hand wash and stay home when sick.
This plan specifically calls for Memorial to prioritize care, wellbeing and support for students, faculty and staff and recognizes our commitment to the communities in which we operate.
As a part of this commitment and our shared responsibility to keep each other and our extended families safe during the upcoming school year, we are implementing two new measures for the university community:
1. Masks are required on all Memorial campuses in all indoor spaces.
2. COVID-19 vaccines are required for all students, faculty and staff.
Students, faculty, staff and visitors to campuses must have had the first dose of an approved vaccination by Sept. 7, 2021, and the second dose by Oct. 15, 2021, unless granted an accommodation.
- You can now access the secure declaration form directly in the my.mun.ca portal. If you have any technical issues accessing the form, please contact the help desk. If you have other form feedback, please email CRO@mun.ca. Please do not send documentation directly to your department. Memorial values the privacy of your information and the form is the most secure way to declare your vaccine status.
- Please complete this form at your earliest convenience and no later than the end-of-day Tuesday, Sept. 7. This form integrates the process for exemptions to the vaccine mandate. If you submit by Monday, Sept. 6, you can choose to enter a prize draw for one of 20 prizes.
- Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador who have received the COVID-19 vaccine can access their vaccination record online. To get vaccinated, please find regional health clinic information here.
- Recognized vaccines include those approved by the World Health Organization and/or Health Canada.
- The accommodation process for vaccine exemption is being finalized and will be communicated as soon as possible as well. Exemptions may be provided based on medical needs or human rights, for example.
Densities defined by the calculator are in effect for places with dynamic movement, such as offices, study spaces, public spaces, etc. Classrooms and in-person program delivery have different controls in place. Click here for the density calculator
More information to support return to campus can be found in the Guide to Campus Recovery, the Employee Return to Campus Plan and the Guide to Living with COVID-19 in our Campus Communities.
Planning events on campus
Please download and complete the appropriate form before you hold your event. The completed form can be sent to email@example.com
All building access has been reinstated. Offices should be open and accessible to the groups and students they serve, although virtual meetings are still encouraged.
When weather is appropriate, you are encouraged to use outdoor routes as much as possible.
Some on-campus service units that would normally be open with full access to the internal university community or students may be by appointment only or virtual only.
Please make contact with the unit or check respective webpages for service hours and instructions.
Individuals with questions about their own unit should discuss these with their supervisor. Employees can use key or card access or contact CEP for afterhours building access.
Parking permit application forms for Fall 2021 semester are available here.
Supporting employee health and wellness during the transition
You are reminded to embrace empathy, kindness and patience during this transition back to campus. Some employees may require accommodations or be faced with other situations that make this a challenging time. Employees should try to support each other while respecting the privacy of co-workers.
For a complete list of employee wellness resources, please visit here. Memorial's welcome back video, which reviews health and safety controls that are in place, can be found here.
You're encouraged to take care of your health. Take a stroll through the extensive Corner Brook Stream Trail Network just a few minutes from campus, or visit a local fitness centre. A preferred rate program for fitness facilities is available; please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.