▼ eResources

Grenfell Campus
Menu Button
Default Interior

Students in Residence

COVID-19 Information

On this page you will find information pertaining to: 

1) Accommodations on campus

2) Update on The Grove student dining hall

3) Take care of your health

4)  Academic advising appointments

5) Learning Centre appointments 

6) Computer lab access

1) Accommodations on campus

Some accommodations are available in the Chalets, Grenfell Student Housing. If you're interested, please contact studenthousing@grenfell.mun.ca

2) Update on The Grove student dining hall

The dining hall is currently closed.

3) Take care of your health

Physical health services:

If you have influenza-like symptoms, please call 811 or complete assessment tool on line, www.811healthline.ca. Do NOT proceed to hospital without calling 811 or completing the tool.

If you want to make sure your symptoms should be assessed by a health care provider,  call  811 because it could decrease unnecessary long visits to the non emergency clinic  (Outpatients department, Western Memorial Regional Hospital).

All those clients with cough, shortness of breath, fever, runny nose need to be processed through 811.

If there are any other reasons that you want to see a doctor, go to the non emergency clinic  (Outpatients department) at Western Memorial Regional Hospital to be seen in the fast track clinic.  If you're uncertain whether to go to hospital,  call 811.

(Some pharmacies also may have some options, for example, Shoppers Drug Mart also has free access to virtual care through their website. A call to your pharmacist might  be helpful, especially if your question is related to medication.) 

Psychological services:

Please visit the Student Wellness and Counselling Centre (SWCC) website  or Grenfell’s Counselling and Psychological Services website  to access a number of online and phone-based community mental health and wellness supports. 

You may also access the on-line resources listed above. If you’re in Corner Brook and have an urgent mental health issue, you can also avail of:

24-hour mental health crisis line: (709) 737-4668 (local) or 1-888-737-4668 (province-wide).

Doorways Walk-In Clinic: 35 Boone’s Road, (709) 634-4506. Hours: Mondays 9-4:30 p.m.; Tuesdays 1-9 p.m.; Thursdays 9-4:30 p.m.


4) Academic advising appointments

Grenfell students can still book academic advising appointments through My Grenfell as usual.  If you are unsure how to book an advising appointment online visit https://www.grenfell.mun.ca/campus-services/Pages/academic-advising/appointments.aspx.  

5) Learning Centre appointments 

Students who book appointments with an academic advisor will receive an email response with instructions on how to proceed. Instructional Assistance in math and writing at Grenfell Campus, Memorial University will continue to be available to students. Make your appointment online, at MyGrenfell, and then email the instructional assistant directly to receive directions.
Writing - byoung@grenfell.mun.ca
Math - tmjanes@grenfell.mun.ca

6) Computer lab access

Room AS3003 is the only computer lab open on campus. Social distancing must be practiced in this lab (sit at least 2 metres away from the person closest to you).

Campus Enforcement and Patrol

Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland
20 University Drive, Corner Brook, NL
A2H 5G4, Canada

Phone: (709) 637-6210
Email: cep@grenfell.mun.ca

Grenfell Logo

© Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Corner Brook, NL Canada Toll Free 1-888-637-6269

Privacy Policy    Login    Library    Sitemap    Site Feedback

Grenfell Logo

© Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Corner Brook, NL Canada. Toll Free 1-888-637-6269

Privacy Policy




Site Feedback