▼ eResources

Grenfell Campus
Menu Button
Default Interior

Upcoming Semesters

COVID-19 Information

On this page you will find information pertaining to:​

1) Status of fall semester

2) Information for applicants

3) Payment to student accounts

1) Status of fall semester

Grenfell Campus, and all of Memorial University, will welcome new and returning students to a primarily remote teaching and learning environment for the fall semester. Full in-person, on-campus courses will not resume before January 2021.

“Our two main priorities are to ensure that all returning students are able to successfully progress through their programs, and all new students have the best possible start to their academic experience at Memorial,” said Dr. Mark Abrahams, provost and vice-president (academic) pro tempore.

“Our decision-making on academic program delivery continues to be informed by guidance and directives from provincial public health officials and the decision is subject to change at a later date if deemed necessary. We plan to offer remote and equitable access to our high quality programming while helping to flatten the COVID-19 curve in Newfoundland and Labrador.”

Dr. Abrahams said Memorial will be putting supports in place to enable student success in the remote learning environment.

Limited forms of re-opening of necessary on-campus activity in the fall semester may occur in a gradual, measured and safe manner that adheres to the provincial government’s COVID-19 Alert Level System and aligns with provincial health directives.

Academic units may submit a proposal to the appropriate vice-president for review to permit students on campus in the fall semester. Further details on how this process will work and how it will be rolled out in a safe and equitable manner, considering that many Memorial students reside outside the province, will be shared when it becomes available.

Western Regional School of Nursing will communicate details about their return to classes directly to new and current students in that program.

2) Information for applicants

How should I submit physical copies of documents required for my application?

We are currently reviewing the processes to deal with these unexpected delays. Mail Services will continue to receive any couriered documents and deliver them to Admissions Office. However, processing delays have been put in place to ensure our staff's health and safety. Continue to check www.mun.ca/undergrad/apply for updates.

What should I do if I cannot get access to my required admissions documents?

If you can get a digital copy of the required document from the required institution, you can request that they email it to admiss.docs@mun.ca. If the institution cannot email it directly to Memorial, then you can email it to the same email address. If the institution is not able to provide you with a document, then send the most recent copy of the document you have to admiss.docs@mun.ca and we will follow up with you if more information is required. Please be sure to submit your documents in pdf format and include your Memorial student number if possible.

There is no one answering the Admissions phone line. What should I do?

Our staff have been requested to work remotely. It is suggested that you email your questions/inquiries to info@grenfell.mun.ca. We will be monitoring and answering this email address.

When will I hear about my transfer credit request?

Processing of transfer credits have been paused from March 18-27. We are expecting to resume processing by March 30. However, priority will be given to application processing in the first instance.

Will I still receive my admissions letters and email?

Yes. Once admissions processing resumes on March 24, emails regarding your admission application will resume as well.

How can I check on the status of my application?

You can monitor your application and supporting documents status online using the credentials used to submit your application at https://www5.mun.ca/admit/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon or through Memorial Self Service.

I am not able to write the standardized test required for proof of English proficiency. What should I do?  

Currently, we are processing applications based on the information we have received to date. If you have not provided any proof of English proficiency then we will base admission on performance in any English courses you have completed to date. We will offer provisional admissions based on this review but we are still planning to request official test results be provided for final admission. Alternate arrangements may have to be made for Spring 2020 semester admissions.

Below are updates from some test agencies:

TOEFL updates
IELTS updates

3) Payments to student accounts

 The Bursar's Office will have limited opening for those in the area needing to pay in person. For more information, please email tobryan@grenfell.mun.ca .  

You can still pay your student account through MUN self service with Visa or Mastercard, or through online banking at your Canadian Financial institution. Set up Memorial University Newfoundland as a bill payee and use your student number as the account number.

Campus Enforcement and Patrol

Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland
20 University Drive, Corner Brook, NL
A2H 5G4, Canada

Phone: (709) 637-6210
Email: cep@grenfell.mun.ca

Grenfell Logo

© Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Corner Brook, NL Canada Toll Free 1-888-637-6269

Privacy Policy    Login    Library    Sitemap    Site Feedback

Grenfell Logo

© Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Corner Brook, NL Canada. Toll Free 1-888-637-6269

Privacy Policy




Site Feedback