▼ DISCLOSE an incident of sexual violence
- Call (709) 637-7195 to disclose an incident anonymously.
- Call (709) 637-7195 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to disclose an incident confidentially.
- Disclose an incident on the MUN SAFE app.
▼ BOOK AN APPOINTMENT with an advisor
- CCall (709) 637-7195 to disclose an incident anonymously.
- Call (709) 637-7195 or email
email@example.com to disclose an incident
▼ BOOK AN EDUCATION SESSION
At Memorial, our first concern is for the health, safety and security of every member of the university community. The Sexual Harassment Office serves all members of the university community – students, staff and faculty – on all campuses and institutes of Memorial as well as other work or study sites.
The Sexual Harassment Office works to:
- prevent sexual violence (sexual harassment and sexual assault) through education;
- mitigate the effects of sexual violence; and
- identify methods for timely resolutions of complaints of sexual violence that may arise at Memorial University.
What is sexual violence?
What We Do
We offer the following services to all members of the university community including students, faculty and staff:
- anonymous or confidential consultation
- timely resolution of sexual harassment and sexual assault complaints
- awareness campaigns and displays
- education and training sessions
- information on and referral to additional supports and resources
We offer consultation to complainants (people who have been harmed), respondents (people reported to have caused harm), bystanders, responders and witnesses of sexual violence.
first step is to contact our office for a
confidential conversation with one of our advisors. You choose what to tell us and whether or not to submit a complaint and pursue a resolution. Our consultation, complaint and resolution processes are trauma-informed and led by the complainant. We will work within your comfort level.
For more information visit the Sexual Harassment Office’s main
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Closed most days from 12-1 p.m. for lunch.
Please note that the office temporarily has full-time hours effective until March 31, 2023.
Hours will likely change to part-time on April 1, 2023.
Tracy Kreuzburg, BSW
Coordinator, Grenfell Campus
(709) 637-7195 or (709) 639-4314
Maxine Paul, BSW, MSW, RSW
Acting advisor, St. John’s Campus