Upon arrival, visit your school:
Getting Started at Grenfell or "Where do I go for that?"
- employee number
- benefit information including preferred rate programs for gym memberships
- pay for your parking permit
- order required textbooks for students
- how to claim moving expenses
- travel request, travel advance, and travel claim forms
- petty cash
- Emergency contact number: 2888
- non-emergency contact number: 6210
- your Grenfell email and computing account creation
- wireless device configuration
- your office phone setup
- accessing "My Grenfell" course management site
- off-campus access to files and software
- long distance code
- office keys
- obtain annual parking permit (in the spring a form will be sent to your campus mailbox)
- booking a university vehicle
- maintenance requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
- faculty ID card / library card
- library account and off-campus login
- Faculty support including course reserves, technology support, copyright assistance, open access support, library instruction sessions, research help and more!
- purchase rec card for Grenfell pool and gym
HR manager, Jessica Couture (AS303, EXT. 6237)
Resource Centre (AS373)
- campus mailbox key
- mail and fax services
- duplicating, laminating, binding, etc.
- stationary and office supplies
Information and services
City of Corner Brook: Visit the website for information on services, education, culture and leasure, tourism, business & industry, and living in Corner Brook
Where to Eat Off-Campus
Cafes & Coffee Shops
35 West StreetServing certified fair trade and certified organic coffee from beans roasted on site.
Brewed on Campus
/Brewed on Bernard
Have a coffee right on campus or take a stroll down to their 93 Mt. Bernard Ave. location (a short walk from campus).Serving certified fair trade and certified organic coffee from beans roasted on site.
Colemans Garden Market
137 O'Connell Drive
Enjoy breakfast or lunch at "The Gardens." Try Just Us! certified fair trade coffee, smoothies, sushi, deli, fresh salad bar and more!
9 Humber Road
Sit on the patio and enjoy the spectacular view of the Bay of Islands.
962 Mt. Bernard Avenue
All day breakfast, and traditional homemade favourites like pea soup, mussels, cod tongues, and baked goods.
The Carriage Room
1 Cobb Lane (in the Glynmill Inn)
Traditional fare, from salt fish cakes for breakfast, to pan fried cod with scrunchions, and local partridgeberry and bakeapple desserts
Crown and Moose Pub
48 West Street
Traditional Pub food
Gitanos' Supper Club & Tapas Bar
2 Herald Avenue (entrance behind the Millbrook Mall)
Combining local, seasonal ingredients with international flavours, Gitanos' uses local berries, fresh local fish and seafood, and honey from The Newfoundland Bee Company.
Casual dining, catering, weddings, bar and lounge.
Marble Inn Resort, Steady Brook
Using home grown herbs, local produce, Newfoundland berries, fresh seafood, and occasionally local game.
Check out one of Corner Brook's newest and most popular restaurants - Sushi, Newfoundland-style!
18 Park Street
European cuisine, pasta, pizza and grill
25 Caribou Road
Corner Brook's own Vietnamese restaurant serves up delicious meals daily!
Great spot for breakfast or lunch - just voted one of the top restarants in Corner Brook!
Wine Cellar Steak House
1 Cobb Lane (in the Glynmill Inn)
Housed in a traditional English Inn and registered heritage structure, and serving up plenty of fresh local fish as well
Banks and Banking options
Bank of Montreal
Corner of West Street and Main Street
RBC Royal Bank
66 West Street
62 Broadway, Corner Brook Plaza
9 Main Street
Easily Accessible ATM Machines
across from the Bursar's Office
1st Floor of Fine Arts Building