The purpose of the Vice-President's Staff Service Award is to recognize non-instructional staff members of the campus for their excellence in service to Grenfell Campus, its mission and its students.
This award is meant to acknowledge excellence primarily attained over (but not restricted to) the calendar year prior to the awarding of this distinction. The award is open to CUPE, NAPE, and non-bargaining non-instructional staff. Nominations will be accepted once each year. The vice-president (Grenfell Campus) and a committee formed for the purpose will make a determination with respect to the award.
The Vice-President's Staff Service Award will consist of:
- A certificate awarded by the vice-president (Grenfell Campus) at the annual Faculty/Staff Service Awards Ceremony
- A cash award of $500
- A public display on Grenfell Campus with the recipient's name and date of award
The prime criterion for consideration for this award is outstanding and dedicated service to the Grenfell Campus.
Only members of the regular full-time non-instructional staff, paid by operating funds, who have been employed on the Grenfell Campus for a minimum period of three years are eligible. Directors and senior administrators are not eligible for the award.
Candidates for this award can be nominated by any Grenfell faculty or staff member, student, alumnus/a or member of the community in the fall annually. This will be communicated directly by the vice-president's office. The nominator is responsible for compiling documentation in support of the candidate. Nominations should be confidential (i.e., the nominee should not be informed that he or she is being nominated). Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- A nominator may nominate someone from a faculty or service division other than his or her own
- Nominations for the award should be made with objectivity and professionalism and be supported by at least three persons
- A maximum of four (4) pages and two (2) supporting letters may be submitted in support of the nomination. Any number of supporting signatures may be appended to the letter. A document exceeding this maximum will be returned to the nominator with a request for reduction in length of the document
Nominations are to be submitted in confidence to: Vice-president (Grenfell Campus).