About the Event
The Design Collision Competition is a design competition that will take place from March 23- 25 at Grenfell Campus. The competition will bring together faculty, staff and students from any discipline, program or school.
Working in teams, participants will compete in a design challenge to design a prototype. Teams will have access to the Grenfell Campus fine arts Fab Shop/computer labs/3D printers/other technology and materials. The prototypes will be judged with prizes for the winning team.
The Design Collision Competition weekend is designed to bring people together from various disciplines to learn about design thinking and how it fits within our respective disciplines.
Join us for a fun weekend of design thinking!
Think. Create. Innovate.
- March 23rd-25th
- Free admission
- Transportation provided for travelling from St. John's.
- A chartered bus will depart St. John's Friday morning and depart Corner Brook Sunday afternoon.
- Meals/snacks will be provided throughout the event.
- Accommodations provided for students from St. John's
- Students will sleep in the Innovation Inn*
- Keep the creative juices flowing!
- Immerse yourself in the experience
- Easy access to the activities
- Shower/washroom facilities nearby.
- Register online (Deadline to register is March 5).
- For additional information, please email email@example.com
* Students from St. John's will be provided a mat to sleep on the gym floor. Bring your sleeping bag, pillow and towels (and tent if you wish). If you have any accommodations or privacy considerations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Draft Schedule *
6:00 Registration – Arrival and Check In
6:15 Dinner – Eat, share ideas and get to know each other
7:15-8:00 Welcome – Review agenda for the weekend and introduce guess speakers, coaches, and community leaders – What is product market fit
8-9:00 Pitches Start
9:00 Voting – Attendees vote for top pitches
9:15 Form teams and begin work
11:00 Wrap up
9:30 Begin Work – Access to FabShop, depending on number a schedule maybe required
12:00 Working Lunch
1:00 Check In – After Lunch status reports or calls for help
2:00 Coach Meetings – Coaches help teams at this time – Access to FabShop
7:30 Check In – After Lunch status reports or calls for help
10:00 Wrap Up
9:00 a.m. Breakfast
9:30 Check In – Coaches arrive to assist teams, final hours to perfect pitch
12:30 Final Presentation
1:30 Judging and Awards
2:00 Wrap Up
* Schedule is subject to change.